Peach cobbler was on our weekend menu!
Of course, fresh peaches are nearly hard to find, as they are not in season anymore. However, I managed to improvise with canned peaches from Publix to get our fix! There are several types in-store, but I chose to purchase their canned peaches in concentrate over the typical fruit in heavy syrup. Be sure to read your labels carefully! To me, this seemed to be the better option, if fresh peaches are not available.
For this recipe, I used 2 cans of the sliced peaches. If fresh peaches are in season, then 5 whole peeled and sliced peaches will do the trick!
This peach cobbler is the perfect dessert that you will not want to share. Equal parts gooey, chewy, and crispy, the fruit and breading combination will not disappoint. It is LittleBitBusy approved because the ingredients are easy to find and requires no blender! Best of all, this recipe will likely be ready for the oven before it has even pre-heated!
Don’t forget to serve this HOT with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream!
Edy’s Slow-Churned is my favorite!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 egg
- ~5 peaches, sliced OR 2 cans sliced peaches, in concentrate
- 1/2-3/4 stick butter
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees, and grease 9×9 dish.
- Thoroughly mix together with a fork first 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Mixture will be in crumbles.
- Spread out fruit in one layer across bottom of dish.
- Top fruit with breading mixture and cover top with small pats of butter.
- BAKE for 30 minutes or until brown.