First of all, “Happy Birthday” to this sweet little goof named Ava!
Today she is 6 years old and enjoying a yummy homemade “pupcake”! It is super easy to make, as you dump several ingredients in a bowl and then pour into a cupcake tin to bake!
A LittleBit of Background on Us:
She came in my life almost 6 years ago at my first full-time job after college. She was found on the side of the road by some co-workers! It was no doubt in anyone’s mind that we were the perfect match. We have both been testing each other’s high energy for years now.
Literally, she has given me quite the run for my money over the years – from an emergency vet visit to running away and literally hopping in someone’s car at the local elementary school.
Yes, she did that. I think it’s safe to say she’s gotten wiser over time, and it seems as though those days are behind us. Perhaps she has just realized how good she has it around here!
Anyway, “Dogs are a girls best friend,” or something like that, right?
Check out a couple of the pictures we took over the weekend to commemorate her day and our friendship!
Peanut Butter Pupcakes
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup milk
- 2 Tbsp honey
- ¼ cup peanut butter, smooth
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 7 oz. Greek yogurt Fage, 5%
- 3 Tbsp peanut butter, smooth
- 2 Tbsp matchstick carrots, chopped (for Sprinkles)
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and stir for about 2 minutes to combine.
- Line standard muffin tin with cupcake liners and evenly distribute the batter.
- Bake at 350° for about 18-20 minutes; let cool to room temp.
- Whisk together Greek yogurt and peanut butter.
- Spread or pipe icing onto pupcakes.
- Make icing and cupcakes a day early. They store easier when un-iced. Pipe on icing before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
I made cakes and icing the day before. I refrigerated the “icing” in a zip-lock bag until I was ready to serve. Mainly so that the cupcakes wouldn’t get smooshed in the ‘fridge. The bag also allows for pretty piping!
I think it is important to mention that we both licked the spoon while making them…and I may be tailoring this for even yummier peanut butter muffins/cupcakes for humans soon! Note: I used chopped matchstick carrots as sprinkles!
Ava wanted to share a few of her favorite things that your pup may like:
- Kong – Large Rubber Chew Toy – AKA Baby around our house. She has been a major chewer since birth, I assume, and she is obsessed with her Kong. They last forever!
- Nylabone – Bone Chew Toy – Another obsession of hers. They last a very long time, and apparently have flavor to dogs, but not the kind that comes off and stinks up your house.
- Orthopedic Dog Bed – This is the exact one she has. She loves the “chaise lounge” style because she is a diva and loves to the arm as a pillow.
- Nutro Ultra Adult Dog Food – She began on their puppy formula and has been on this brand ever since. Amazon has the option to Subscribe & Save, which also a 50% coupon to your first order!
Don’t have a pet yet? Amazon has a New Dog Checklist to make sure you have thought of everything you might need for your new family member!