Savory Salmon Stew
Savory, spicy comfort in a bowl.
- 8 cups water
- ½ tsp salt
- ~6 red potatoes, quartered
- 1 large vidalia/sweet onion, quartered
- 2 - 15 oz. cans tomato sauce
- 2 - 15 oz. cans diced tomatoes
- ~3-4 whole salmon filets, raw
- 1-2 slices fat back or bacon, diced & cooked
- salt and pepper to taste
- hot sauce to taste (Tabasco)
- white rice (optional) cooked as directed on package
Season water with salt and boil potatoes until cooked firm when poked with a fork, but not falling apart.
Pour off half of water, and add canned tomatoes, sauce, onion, and fat back. Add salt and pepper & hot sauce to desired taste.
Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
Add whole salmon filets. Let cook for about 10 minutes, then break apart the cooked salmon filets into bite-size pieces with a fork or spoon.
Serving option: Pour over a scoop of rice in a bowl. Enjoy!